Friday 3 November 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Under Orders by Dick Francis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heavy Sedation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Daxter or Just Cause.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 2006!
Which were the important events of 3 November 2006 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 November
- U.S. evangelical minister Ted Haggard is accused of methamphetamine use and engaging in homosexual sex acts. (AP via ABC News)
- U.S. Rep. Bob Ney of Ohio resigns from Congress after having pleaded guilty to charges relating to Jack Abramoff. (AP via Pioneer Press)
- The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board states that a stiff wind blew the plane carrying New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle off-course and into an apartment building in New York City. (Canadian Press)
- The World Meteorological Organisation reports that greenhouse gases in the atmosphere reached a record high in 2005 and are still increasing. (Washington Post)
- A draft European Commission report raises new doubts about Turkey's bid to join the European Union. (BBC)
- Trevor Berbick's nephew Harold Berbick is charged with his uncle's murder along with another man in Jamaica. (BBC)
- Jackson Pollock’s ''No. 5, 1948'' becomes the world's most expensive work of art, after entertainment mogul David Geffen sells the work for US$140 million. (The Times)
- Wu Shu-chen, the wife of the President of the Republic of China, is indicted on corruption charges by Taiwan prosecutors. President Chen Shui-bian is not indicted due to presidential immunity, but prosecutors say he will be charged once he is no longer president. (BBC)
- ''The New York Times'' reports that a website created at the request of United States Representative Peter Hoekstra and Senator Pat Roberts was found to contain detailed information which could help nuclear-capable states produce nuclear weapons. The website was shut down on November 2 following questioning by ''The New York Times'' and protests by International Atomic Energy Agency officials. (The New York Times)
- Australia dispatches two warships, HMAS ''Kanimbla'' and HMAS ''Newcastle'', to Fiji to evacuate Australian citizens in the event of a coup. (Melbourne Age)
- The Conference of Rulers elects Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin of Terengganu to be the future King of Malaysia from 13 December 2006 onwards. (TimesOnline)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 November 2006
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - Germinal : 4 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hannover - Bochum : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Braunschweig : 1 - 0
- Hansa Rostock - CZ Jena : 1 - 1
- Karlsruhe - Paderborn : 3 - 0
- Koblenz - FC Koln : 3 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Libourne : 1 - 0
- Amiens - Niort : 1 - 0
- Chateauroux - Metz : 0 - 1
- Creteil - Bastia : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?