Friday 3 September 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Trevor St John and Tonja Marie Christensen.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey by Paul & Linda McCartney.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Female Eunuch by Germaine Greer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whistle Test.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 September 1971 ?
- Tonja Marie Christensen: Salt Lake City, Utah -- Playmate (Nov, 1991).
- Trevor St John: American actor.
- Kiran Desai: Indian-American author.
- Glen Housman: Rockhampton, Queensland -- Swimmer (1992, 96 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Chabeli Iglesias: Portuguese-Spanish journalist.
- Trevor John: American actor.
- Veronica Turleigh: Actress (Promoter), dies at 68.
- John Lennon leaves UK for NYC, never to return
- Manlio Brosio resigns as Secretary General of NATO
- Qatar regains complete independence from Britain
- Watergate team breaks into Daniel Ellsberg's doctor's office.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Three Dog Night - Liar
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?