Wednesday 8 September 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cristy Thom and Greg Minor.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Donny Osmond.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Man and the City.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1971 ?
- Cristy Thom: Los Angeles, California -- Playmate (Feb, 1991).
- Greg Minor: NBA guard (Boston Celtics).
- Jan Pardavy: Hockey forward (Team Slovakia).
- Pierre Sevigny: French-Canadian ice hockey player.
- Brooke Burke: American model.
- David Arquette: American actor
- Martin Freeman: English actor
- Khalid Gonçalves: American actor singer and bass player
- Lachlan Murdoch: English-Australian businessman
- Dustin O'Halloran: American pianist and composer
- Daniel Petrov: Bulgarian boxer
- Pierre Sévigny: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- In Washington, D.C., the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is inaugurated, with the opening feature being the premiere of Leonard Bernstein's Mass.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 September 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?