Thursday 30 September 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brentson Buckner and Ron Collins.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The French Connection, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vetenskapens Värld.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1971 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Brentson Buckner: NFL defensive end (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Ron Collins: WLAF tackle (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Jenna Elfman: American actress, known for a quirky comedic talent and often described as the blonde-version of Lucille Ball.
- Katharine Mieszkowski: American journalist who has been a senior writer for Salon.
- Last Washington Senators' home game, New York Yankees win career 5th forfeit; New York Yankees trailing 4-2 in the 9th with two outs, fans rush the field.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?