Monday 27 September 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alonzo Spellman and Erik Smit.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Picture Show, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Message From Malaga by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vetenskapens Värld.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1971 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Alonzo Spellman: NFL defensive end (Chicago Bears).
- Erik Smit: Dutch soccer player (FC Utrecht).
- Patrick Muldoon: California, United States -- Actor (Austin-Days of Our Lives, Melrose Place).
- Ron Florine: NFL / WLAF tackle (KC Chiefs, Scotland Claymores).
- Aaron Belz: American poet.
- Amanda Detmer: American actress
- Agata Kulesza: Polish actress
- Horacio Sandoval: Mexican illustrator
- Li Yapeng: Chinese actor
- October 11 ampndash Japanese Emperor Hirohito travels abroad.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 September 1971
- New York Jets - St. Louis Cardinals : 10 - 17
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?