Wednesday 4 December 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 4, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Norbert Teupert and Lee Smith.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Witness for the Prosecution, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while When The Bough Breaks by Otis Carney was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 December 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1957 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Norbert Teupert: German educator, social worker, dream-therapist, professional astrologer since 1983 and author.
- Lee Smith: Jamestown, Louisiana -- Pitcher (Cin Reds).
- Eric S Raymond: American open source advocate.
- Del Shores: Director.
- Raul Boesel: Brazilian race car driver and radio host.
- Eric Raymond: American computer programmer and author.
- Lee Smith in Jamestown: Louisiana, USA; pitcher (Cincinnati Reds).
- The Lewisham train disaster in the UK leaves 92 dead.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?