Sunday 4 July 1971, US Independence Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brendan Donnelly and Gilles Boyer.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle Of The Road was in the top 5 hits.
Two-Lane Blacktop, directed by Monte Hellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Stilwell And The American Experience In China, 1911-1945 by Barbara Wertheim Tuchman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Guardians.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1971!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 July 1971 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Brendan Donnelly: American baseball player.
- Gilles Boyer
- Koko : sign-language gorilla.
- Andy Creeggan: Canadian guitarist and pianist (Barenaked Ladies and The Brothers Creeggan).
- Ned Zelić: Australian footballer and sportscaster.
- Ned Zelic: Australian soccer player.
- Steve Rucchin: Thunder Bay, Ontario -- NHL center (Anaheim Mighty Ducks).
- Michael S. Hart posts the first e-book, a copy of the United States Declaration of Independence, on the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign's mainframe computer, the origin of Project Gutenberg..
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?