Friday 4 July 1930, US Independence DayUS date format: 7/4/1930, UK date format: 4/7/1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 4, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Steinbrenner and Michel Celaya.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1930 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- George Steinbrenner: American baseball franchise ownerr, the owner of the New York Yankees.
- Michel Celaya: French rugby player, selected 49 times in international events between 1953 and 1961 to play as number 8 (the player's position name).
- Bernard Stasi: Reims Politician.
- Pete Fountain: Musician.
- Frunzik Mkrtchyan: Armenian actor (d. 1993).
- 43rd Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Helen Moody beats Elizabeth Ryan (62 62)
- The dedication of George Washington's head is held at Mount Rushmore.