Friday 4 March 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 4, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Limitless, directed by Neil Burger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Thy Neighbour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brink or Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 March 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 4 March 2011 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 March
- Krishna Prasad Bhattarai: Indian politician and former Nepali Prime Minister (Born 1924).
- Charles Jarrott: British film and television director (Born 1927).
- Frank Chirkinian: American producer (Bornc.
- Ed Manning: American basketball player and coach (Born 1943).
- Vivienne Harris: British businesswoman and newspaper publisher (Bornc.
- Mikhail Simonov: Russian aircraft designer (Born 1920).
- Arjun Singh: Indian politician (Born 1930).
- Alenush Terian: Iranian astronomer and physicist (Born 1920).
- Johnny Preston: Singer (Running Bear Cradle of Love).
- Simon van der Meer: Dutch-Swiss physicist and engineer Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011).
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- The United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office is investigating claims that a man from the English city of Manchester has been killed in the 2011 Libyan civil war. (Sky News)
- Al Arabiya reports that the city of Brega has been bombed by forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi. (Reuters)
- The Gaddafi regime blocks foreign journalists in a Tripoli hotel to stop them from reporting on the conflict supposedly for their safety. (AGI)
- Shots are fired by government forces during an anti-government protest in Tripoli. (Reuters)
- Interpol issues an international alert for Gaddafi and 15 of his family members and close associates to help enforce the UN sanctions against his regime. (AP via Forbes)
- Heavy fighting occurs in the town of Zawiya with at least 30 people dead. (Reuters)
- Law enforcement in Tripoli uses tear gas to disperse protestors after Friday prayers. (BBC News)
- Anti-Gaddafi forces take control of the port town of Ra's Lanuf. (Reuters)
- A bomb explodes outside a mosque in Peshawar in the Pakistani province of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa with casualties feared. (DPA via ''Trends'')
- North Yemen rebels claim that Government of Yemen forces have bombed a protest resulting in two people dead and seven injured. (Reuters)
- Protesters storm the State Security Intelligence building in Alexandria, Egypt after police officers had previously fired on the crowd. (BBC)
- Fifty-three African Union peacekeepers were killed in fighting in Somalia. (Yahoo)
- The Broadway production ''Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark'' is cited for three serious occupational safety and health violations by the US OSHA. (''The New York Times'')
- The marketing chief at Research in Motion, the Canadian company best known for the BlackBerry smart phone, is leaving. This surprise announcement concerning Keith Pardy may have an impact on the launch of a new product, the PlayBook tablet. (Reuters)
- A report by the Government Accountability Office claims that the US Government could save $5.5 billion over the next 30 years by replacing dollar bills with coins. (MyFox8)
- An earthquake occurs offshore near the Philippines city of Surigao causing property damage. (AP via ''Atlanta Journal Constitution'')
- The U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board believes that there may have been a fundamental safety design problems with the device that failed to stop the Deepwater Horizon oil spill and has asked for more time to test it. (AP via MSNBC)
- North Korea steps up a campaign to block out news of the uprisings in the Middle East and North Africa to its population. (''The Straits Times'')
- The Blue House, the executive office and residence of the President of the Republic of Korea, and other Government of South Korea and South Korean financial corporations come under attack from a distributed denial-of-service. (Yonhap)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 March 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Lecce - Roma : 1 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Genk : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - FC Koln : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Hertha - Frankfurt FSV : 3 - 1
- Munich 1860 - Oberhausen : 1 - 1
- Osnabruck - Greuther Furth : 0 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- No BS - Chris Brown
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- No Me Digas Que No - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Sing - My Chemical Romance
- Isolation - Alter Bridge
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- Welcome To The Family - Avenged Sevenfold
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.10
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.26
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $83.68
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $43.26
- 1 CHF = 7.099 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7529 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9498 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.662 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?