Wednesday 4 March 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tamzin Merchant and Moniece Slaughter.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi.
In UK I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) by George Michael & Aretha Franklin was in the top 5 hits.
Raising Arizona, directed by Joel Coen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patience Of A Saint by Andrew M. Greeley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Foreign Bodies.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barbarian or ALF: The First Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1987!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 March 1987 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Tamzin Merchant: English actress and singer.
- Moniece Slaughter: Reality Star.
- Shraddha Das: Indian actress.
- Ben McKinley: Australian footballer.
- William Njovu: Zambian footballer.
- Cameron Wood: Australian footballer.
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan addresses the American people on the Iran-Contra Affair, acknowledging that his overtures to Iran had 'deteriorated' into an arms-for-hostages deal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
- Huey Lewis & The News - Jacob's Ladder
- The Jets - You Got It All
- Linda Ronstadt - Somewhere Out There
- Bruce Willis - Respect Yourself
- Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands To Yourself
- Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party!)
- Peter Gabriel - Big Time
- Bruce Hornsby - Mandolin Rain
- Janet Jackson - Let's Wait Awhile
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?