Friday 4 November 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Boynton and Alhaj Shah.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Autumn Leaves by Roger Williams.
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
I Died a Thousand Times, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Tontine by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1955 ?
- Peter Boynton: Danaiscotta, Maine -- Actor (Tonio-As the World Turns).
- Alhaj Shah: Indian author poet and scholar.
- Matti Vanhanen: Finnish journalist and politician 40th Prime Minister of Finland.
- Cy Young: American baseball player (Born 1867).
- After being totally destroyed in World War II, the rebuilt Vienna State Opera reopens with a performance of Beethoven's Fidelio.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- The McGuire Sisters - He
- Pat Boone - At My Front Door (Crazy Little Mama)
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Al Hibbler - He
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- The Cheers - Black Denim Trousers
- Don Cornell - The Bible Tells Me So
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?