Thursday 24 November 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clement Burke and Scott Mabon Hoch.
In UK Hernando's Hideaway by Johnston Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Day the World Ended, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Family Of Man by Edward Steichen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Spin and Marty.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1955!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1955 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Clement Burke: Rock drummer (Blondie).
- Scott Mabon Hoch: Raleigh, North Carolina -- PGA golfer (1982 USF&G Classic).
- Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth: Swedish politician.
- Dominique Derozier: French sommelier at 'Le Grand Véfour,' a grand restaurant in Paris.
- Ian Botham: English cricketer footballer and sportscaster.
- Clem Burke: American drummer (Blondie Ramones The Adult Net and The Romantics)
- Lena Liljeroth: Swedish politician Swedish Minister for Culture
- Najib Mikati: Lebanese businessman and politician 31st Prime Minister of Lebanon
- Takashi Yuasa: Japanese lawyer and author
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?