Saturday 5 February 1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Ainslie and Simone Christicchi.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Torn Between Two Lovers by Mary MacGregor.
In UK Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Wizards, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Crash Of '79 by Paul E. Erdman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jim Knopf und Lukas der Lokomotivführer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Surround or Super Bug.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1977!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 February 1977 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Ben Ainslie: English sailor.
- Simone Christicchi: Italian singer and composer, who won the 57th edition of the Sanremo music festival in March 2007.
- Yuko Aoki: Japanese singer and model.
- Simone Cristicchi: Italian singer-songwriter.
- Adam Dykes: Australian rugby league player.
- Adam Everett: American baseball player and coach.
- Valery Kobzarenko: Ukrainian cyclist.
- Ahmad Merritt: American football player.
- Andrejs Prohorenkovs: Latvian footballer and manager.
- Elin Topuzakov: Bulgarian footballer and manager.
- CB Savage by Rod Hart peaks at #67
- Dis-Gorilla (part 1) by Rick Dees peaks at #56
- In The Mood by Henhouse 5 Plus Too (Ray Stevens) peaks at #40
- Turn Loose On My Leg by Jim Stafford peaks at #98
- Up Your Nose by Gabriel Kaplan peaks at #91
- Sugar Ray Leonard beats Luis Vega in six rounds in his first pro fight.
- US female Figure Skating championship won by Linda Fratianne.
- General Mills Adventure Theater premieres on CBS radio.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mary MacGregor - Torn Between Two Lovers
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Brick - Dazz
- Eagles - New Kid In Town
- The Sylvers - Hot Line
- Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Blinded By The Light
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Jacksons - Enjoy Yourself
- Aerosmith - Walk This Way
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?