Friday 17 April 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Krafft and David Bradley.
Saboteur, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1942 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Catherine Krafft
- David Bradley: British actor.
- Mario Brenta: Writer / director (Maicol, Barnabo of the Mountains).
- Kenas Aroi: Nauruan politician.
- Katia Krafft: French scientist, a specialist in the study of volcanoes.
- Jouko Turkka: Finnish stage director, an iconoclast in Finnish theater.
- Jean Perrin: French physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (Born 1870).
- 12 Lancasters bombs MAN-factory in Augsburg
- Operations begin to destroy Sobibor Concentration Camp.
- French prisoner of war General Henri Giraud escapes from his castle prison in Festung Konigstein.
- WWII: Henri Giraud the French commander captured in 1940, escapes from Königstein Fortress.