Monday 5 May 1902
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include W. Clement Stone and Arie Biemond.
Fun in a Bakery Shop, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1902 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- W. Clement Stone: Businessman.
- Arie Biemond: Dutch professor of neurology.
- Gotfred Ernø: Norwegian business magnate.
- Bret Harte writer: dies at age 65.
- The Commonwealth Public Service Act creates Australia's Public Service.