Tuesday 6 May 1902
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Dawson and Max Ophuls.
The Mischievous Boys and the Washerwoman, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
while Audrey by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1902 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Walter Dawson: British Air Chief marshall.
- Max Ophuls: German-born director (d. 1957).
- Paul Azaïs: French film actor.
- Max Ophüls: German/French/American film and stage director, and screenwriter.
- Walter Preuss: German graphologist, professional astrologer, data collector and author.
- Georges Bouvet: Issoudun Military man
- Harry Golden: Ukrainian-American journalist and author (d. 1981)
- Bret Harte: American author and poet (d. 1902).
- Start of Sherlock Holmes Adventure of Shoscombe Old Place (BG)
- British SS Camorta sinks off Rangoon; 739 die.
- Zulu assault at Holkrantz South Africa.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?