Thursday 8 May 1902
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Lwoff and Luigi Alessio.
The Magician and the Seven Hats, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
while Audrey by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1902 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- André Lwoff: French biologist and physician, winner of the Nobel Prize in Medicine, 1965.
- Luigi Alessio: Italy Writer.
- Andr? Lwoff: Ainay-le-Ch?teau physician.
- In Martinique, Mount Pelee erupts, destroying the town of Saint-Pierre and killing over 30,000 people. Only a handful of residents survive the blast.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?