Thursday 5 May 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Stapleton in Sarnia and Shawn Drover.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while A Gift Of Prophecy by Ruth Montgomery was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Förster Horn.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1966 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Mike Stapleton in Sarnia: Ontario, Canada; NHL center (Winnipeg Jets).
- Shawn Drover: Canadian drummer (Megadeth Eidolon and Act of Defiance).
- Sergei Stanishev: Ukrainian-Bulgarian politician 46th Prime Minister of Bulgaria.
- Josh Weinstein: American screenwriter and producer.
- Borussia Dortmund wins 6th Europe Cup II.
- Stanley Cup: Montreal Canadiens beat Detroit Red Wings, 4 games to 2.
- Willie Mays hit his 512th homerun.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Herman's Hermits - Leaning On The Lamp Post
- The Shadows Of Knight - Gloria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?