Friday 6 May 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1966). The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jonathan Donahue and Ken Domik.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Hunger, directed by Henning Carlsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Columbella by Phyllis Whitney was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Canvas.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1966
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1966 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Canadian Minister of Finance announces a $20 Centennial gold coin
- Most runs scored in 11th inning (9); Philadelphia Phillies score five to beat Pittsburgh Pirates 8-7.
- Myra Hindley and Ian Brady are sentenced to life imprisonment for the Moors Murders in England.
- African members of the UN Security Council say that the British army should blockade Rhodesia.
- The Busch Memorial Stadium opens in St Louis, Missouri.
- Radio Peking claims that U.S. planes have shot down a Chinese plane over Yunnan (the U.S. denies the story the next day).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Herman's Hermits - Leaning On The Lamp Post
- The Shadows Of Knight - Gloria
Top #10 R&B songs
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Poets - She Blew A Good Thing
- The Temptations - Get Ready
- Wilson Pickett - 634-5789 (Soulsville, U.S.A.)
- The Love You Save (May Be Your Own) - Joe Tex
- Sam & Dave - Hold On! I'm A Comin'
- Bobby Moore & The Rhythm Aces - Searching For My Love
- James Carr - You've Got My Mind Messed Up
- Stevie Wonder - Nothing's Too Good For My Baby
- Mitty Collier - Sharing You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?