Tuesday 10 May 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mikael Andersson in Malmo and Imelda Chiappa.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Last Battle by Cornelius Ryan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Förster Horn.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1966!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1966 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Mikael Andersson in Malmo: Sweden; NHL left wing (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Imelda Chiappa: Italian professional cyclist who won the Silver Medal in the Atlanta Olympics 7/21/1996 in the road race.
- Ilian Djevelekov: Bulgarian film director and producer.
- Jonathan Edwards: Britain -- Triple jumper (1992, 96 Olympics - Gold / Silver Medals).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab You Darlin'
- Dionne Warwick - Message To Michael
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Shadows Of Knight - Gloria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?