Thursday 12 May 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Conran in Lithgow and Christian Berg.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Arabesque, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Förster Horn.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1966!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1966 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Steven Conran in Lithgow: New South Wales; Australasia golfer.
- Christian Berg: German children's performer, a musical clown.
- Thomas First: American entrepreneur, First is one of the two founders of Nantucket Nectars, a successful juice company.
- Stephen Baldwin: American actor.
- Bebel Gilberto: American-Brazilian singer-songwriter.
- Felix Martin Julius Steiner: German Heer and Waffen-SS officer (Born 1896).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 May 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab You Darlin'
- Dionne Warwick - Message To Michael
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Shadows Of Knight - Gloria
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?