Saturday 5 September 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alcee Hastings and Cornelius Boyson.
Stage Struck, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1936!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1936 ?
- Alcee Hastings: (Rep-D-Florida).
- Cornelius Boyson: Bassist.
- John C Danforth: (Sen-R-Missouri, 1977- ).
- Louis Favoreu: French academic, who specialized in public law, and a jurist.
- Attilio Labis: French ballet dancer, choreographer, married once, two children.
- Robert Burns: Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 2014)
- John Danforth: American politician and diplomat 24th United States Ambassador to the United Nations
- Jonathan Kozol: American sociologist author and educator
- Bill Mazeroski: MLB 2nd baseman (won 1960 World Series for Pittsburgh)
- Knuts Skujenieks: Latvian poet journalist and translator
- Red Sox turn a triple-play on Yankees
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?