Wednesday 5 August 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 5, 1936). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Dancy in Jackson and Frédéric Botton.
Song of Freedom, directed by J. Elder Wills, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Olympic Games.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1936
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1936 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- John Dancy in Jackson: Texas, USA; newscaster (Prime Time Sunday).
- Frédéric Botton: French lyricist and composer.
- Nikolai Baturin: Estonian author and playwright.
- At Berlin Olympics, Jesse Owens wins his third Olympic medal.