Monday 7 September 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Romualds Kalsons and Buddy Holly.
Stage Struck, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1936!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1936 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Romualds Kalsons: Composer.
- Buddy Holly: American musician, songwriter and performer who was a major rockabilly artist, beginning with pure country and then moving on to original soft-rock with his three-man group, "Buddy Holly and the Crickets.
- Jorge Porcel: Comedy actor and television host from Argentina.
- Brian Hart: English race car driver and engineer founded Brian Hart Ltd.
- Apostolos Kaklamanis: Greek lawyer and politician Greek Minister of Justice.
- Boulder Dam (now Hoover Dam) begins operation
- The last surviving member of the thylacine species, Benjamin, dies alone in her cage at the Hobart Zoo in Tasmania.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?