Tuesday 29 September 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Partridge and Mylene Demongeot.
Ride Ranger Ride, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1936!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1936 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Michael Partridge: British civil servant.
- Mylene Demongeot: Nice, France -- Actress (3 Murderesses).
- Silvio Berlusconi: Italian politician and media magnate.
- Marlo Morgan: American chiropractor and the author of "Mutant Message Down Under," written as a non-fiction account of her experiences in Australia.
- Alla Demidova: Russian actress.
- Radio used for first time for a US Presidential campaign.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?