Friday 13 September 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 13, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-Luc Séguillon and Roger Rosenblatt.
Kleider machen Leute, directed by Helmut Käutner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1940 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Pierre-Luc Séguillon
- Oscar Arias: Costa Rican politician, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Roger Rosenblatt: American journalist, author, playwright and teacher.
- Óscar Arias: Costa Rican politician President of Costa Rica Nobel Prize laureate.
- Kerry Stokes: Australian businessman.
- Buckingham Palace destroyed by German bombs
- Italian troops under Marshal Graziani attack Egypt
- World War II: German bombs damage Buckingham Palace.