Tuesday 6 August 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ever Carradine and Alvin Williams.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Feel Like Makin' Love by Roberta Flack.
In UK She by Charles Aznavour was in the top 5 hits.
The Way of the Dragon, directed by Bruce Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Snare Of The Hunter by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Autoverleih Pistulla.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1974!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 August 1974 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Ever Carradine: American actor and member of noted family, she is the daughter of Robert Carradine and niece of film and TV actors David and Keith Carradine.
- Alvin Williams: American basketball player and coach.
- Adrian Voinea: Focsani, Romania -- Tennis star (1995 Malta).
- Luis Vizcaíno: Dominican baseball player.
- Nelson Vargas: Holoyoke, Massachusetts -- Soccer forward (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Gene Ammons: American jazz saxophonist (Born 1925).
- 6th time Phils get just 1 assist in game; no other team did it twice
- Explosion and fire destory Great Northern railroad yard in Wenatchee, Washington.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- John Denver - Annie's Song
- Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
- Dave Loggins - Please Come To Boston
- Chicago - Call On Me
- ABBA - Waterloo
- Blue Magic - Sideshow
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?