Saturday 17 August 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie Lomba and Giuliana Rancic.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
The Longest Yard, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Times To Remember by Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Autoverleih Pistulla.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rebound or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 August 1974 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Marie Lomba: Belgium judo champion and winner of the Olympic Bronze Medal in the 56 kg.
- Giuliana Rancic: TV Show Host.
- Tony Hajjar: Lebanese-American drummer (At the Drive-In and Sparta).
- Tomomi Kahala: Japanese singer-songwriter and actress.
- Nicola Kraus: American novelist.
- Johannes Staud: Austrian composer
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Dave Loggins - Please Come To Boston
- Chicago - Call On Me
- ABBA - Waterloo
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Blue Magic - Sideshow
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 17 August 1974 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?