Saturday 17 August 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giuliana Rancic and Marisabel Lomba.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
The Longest Yard, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Times To Remember by Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Autoverleih Pistulla.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Elimination.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1974!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 August 1974 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Giuliana Rancic: TV Show Host.
- Marisabel Lomba
- Tomomi Kahala: Japanese singer-songwriter and actress.
- Nicola Kraus: American novelist.
- Johannes Staud: Austrian composer.
- Tony Hajjar: Lebanese-American drummer (At the Drive-In and Sparta).
- Marie Lomba: Belgium judo champion and winner of the Olympic Bronze Medal in the 56 kg.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Dave Loggins - Please Come To Boston
- Chicago - Call On Me
- ABBA - Waterloo
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Blue Magic - Sideshow
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?