Thursday August 15, 1974
US date format: 8/15/1974, UK date format: 15/8/1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1974). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Natasha Henstridge and Gry Bay.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
Amazing Grace, directed by Stan Lathan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Capone Investment.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 15, 1974?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- See more
- Hurricane / floods ravage Bangladesh, 4,000 killed
- Longest team (six) trampoline bouncing marathon (1,248 hours (52 days)).
- South Korean President Park Chung-Hee escapes assassination.
- Yuk Young-soo, First Lady of South Korea, is killed during an apparent assassination attempt upon President of South Korea, Park Chung-hee.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 15, 1974?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Dave Loggins - Please Come To Boston
- Chicago - Call On Me
- ABBA - Waterloo
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Blue Magic - Sideshow
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Johnny Bristol - Hang On In There Baby
- Curtis Mayfield - Kung Fu
- James Brown - My Thang
- Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good
- The Staple Singers - City In The Sky
- The Main Ingredient - Happiness Is Just Around The Bend
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Kalimba Story
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Sly & The Family Stone - Time For Livin'
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 15If August 15, 1974 is your birthday you're 46 years, 2 months, 16 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 15 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on August 15, 1974?
On August 15, 1974 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is August 15, 1974?
On August 15, 1974 the zodiac sign was Leo.
Who was the US President on August 15, 1974?
On August 15, 1974 the US President was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on August 15, 1974?
On August 15, 1974 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on August 15, 1974?
On August 15, 1974 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on August 15, 1974?
On August 15, 1974 several famous people were born including, Natasha Henstridge, Gry Bay, Carolena Sabah.
Which famous people died on August 15, 1974?
Famous people died on August 15, 1974 include, Edmund Cobb, Mrs Park Chung Hi.
What was the number one song in August 15, 1974?
The number one song in the week of August 15, 1974 was The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace in US and When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees in UK.
What were the top hits on August 15, 1974?
The top hits on August 15, 1974 were The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace, Feel Like Makin' Love by Roberta Flack, (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka in US and When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees, Rock Your Baby by George McCrae, You Make Me Feel Brand New by The Stylistics in UK.