Saturday August 10, 1974
US date format: 8/10/1974, UK date format: 10/8/1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 10, 1974). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include JM Logan and Miro Simonovic.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Feel Like Makin' Love by Roberta Flack.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
The Longest Yard, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Capone Investment.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spasim or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 10, 1974?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- See more
- Judy Rankin wins LPGA Colgate-European American Golf Open
- Ivor Dean: British actor (Theatre of Death), dies...
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 10, 1974?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- James Brown - My Thang
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Curtis Mayfield - Kung Fu
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- Rufus Featuring Chaka Khan - Tell Me Something Good
- Johnny Bristol - Hang On In There Baby
- The Main Ingredient - Happiness Is Just Around The Bend
- Bobby Womack - You're Welcome, Stop On By
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Kalimba Story
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 10If August 10, 1974 is your birthday you're 46 years, 5 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 26 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?