Wednesday 14 August 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tomer Sisley and Christopher Gorham.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Night Chicago Died by Paper Lace.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
The Longest Yard, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Woman He Loved by Ralph G. Martin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Autoverleih Pistulla.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rebound or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1974!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 August 1974 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Tomer Sisley
- Christopher Gorham: American actor.
- Ana Matronic: American singer (Scissor Sisters).
- Chucky Atkins: American basketball player and coach.
- Martin Bulloch: Scottish musician (Mogwai).
- Congress authorizes US citizens to own gold
- Turkish army attacks Nicosia Cyprus
- US President Gerald Ford signs legislation giving him the authority to legalize private ownership of gold.
- 126 Turkish Cypriots are massacred in the villages of Maratha, Santalaris and Aloda.
- Turkey invades for the second time in Cyprus, occupying 37% of the island's territory.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Roberta Flack - Feel Like Makin' Love
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Dave Loggins - Please Come To Boston
- Chicago - Call On Me
- ABBA - Waterloo
- Jim Stafford - Wildwood Weed
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Blue Magic - Sideshow
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?