Saturday 6 August 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include C J Mosley and Robin van Persie.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Give It Up by KC & The Sunshine Band was in the top 5 hits.
Cujo, directed by Lewis Teague, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Warlord by Malcolm Bosse was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Friday Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bokosuka Wars or Congo Bongo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1983!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1983 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- C J Mosley: American football player.
- Robin van Persie: Soccer Player.
- Annevig Ebbe: Danish actress.
- Neil Harvey: English-Barbadian footballer.
- C Mosley: American football player.
- Landon Pigg: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor
- Supertanker Castillo de Bellvar crashes at South Africa
- Minnesota Vikings beat Saint Louis Cardinals 28-10 in London, England (NFL expo).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?