Monday 22 February 1904
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Harvey and Peter Hurd.
while In the Bishop's Carriage by Miriam Michelson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 February 1904 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Martin Harvey: British astrologer, a member of AFA who wrote occasional articles for their Bulletin.
- Peter Hurd: American painter of the ranch lands of the American Southwest whose work hangs in many important galleries.
- Leslie Stephen: English writer and critic (Born 1832).
- The United Kingdom sells a meteorological station on the South Orkney Islands to Argentina, the islands are subsequently claimed by the United Kingdom in 1908.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Under the Anheuser Bush - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?