Thursday 18 August 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kris Boyd and Michael Montgomery.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Give It Up by KC & The Sunshine Band was in the top 5 hits.
The Mirror, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Name Of The Rose by Umberto Eco was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Friday Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Flappy or Capture The Flag.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1983!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1983 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Kris Boyd: Scottish footballer.
- Michael Montgomery: American football player.
- Mika : British singer, born to an American father and a Syrian-Lebanese mother.
- Danny : American record producer/hip-hop artist.
- Dmitri Antoni: Estonian figure skater.
- Cameron White: Australian cricketer
- Nikolaus Pevsner: England, United Kingdom -- Art historian (The Buildings of England).
- Royals defeat Yanks, 5-4, completing pine-tar game (12 minutes). Hal McRae strikes out and Dan Quisenberry retires Yankees in order
- Samantha Druce, age 12 years 119 days is youngest woman to swim English Channel.
- Hurricane Alicia hits the Texas coast, killing 22 people and causing over USD $1 billion in damage (1983 dollars).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 August 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- Men At Work - It's A Mistake
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- The Human League - (Keep Feeling) Fascination
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Culture Club - I'll Tumble 4 Ya
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?