Tuesday 2 August 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nick Diaz and Angell Conwell.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Give It Up by KC & The Sunshine Band was in the top 5 hits.
Risky Business, directed by Paul Brickman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Out On A Limb by Shirley MacLaine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Friday Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Congo Bongo or Bear Bovver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1983!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 August 1983 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Nick Diaz: American MMA fighter.
- Angell Conwell: TV Actress.
- Michel Bastos: Brazilian footballer.
- Huston Street
- Molly Bish: American missing person, age 16 when she disappeared.
- Kim Jungah: South Korean singer dancer and actress (After School).
- STS-8 vehicle moves to launch pad
- US District Court begins trying Yonkers accuse of race discrimination
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?