Tuesday 6 December 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gregory Venables and Kenneth Ponte.
Bicycle Thieves, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while One On The House by Mary Lasswell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching College of Musical Knowledge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1949 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Gregory Venables: British Anglican bishop.
- Kenneth Ponte: American homicide; indicted for the death of one of the nine highway serial killing victims in New Bedford in the '90s.
- Roland Bertranne: .
- Linda Barnes: American author playwright and educator.
- Linda Creed: American singer-songwriter (d. 1986).
- Doug Marlette: American author and cartoonist (d. 2007)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?