Wednesday 8 February 1928US date format: 2/8/1928, UK date format: 8/2/1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 8, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giorgio Gucci and Claude Douillard.
La coquille et le clergyman, directed by Germaine Dulac, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1928 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Giorgio Gucci: Italian noted family, the son of Aldo Gucci and the brother of Paolo and Roberto.
- Claude Douillard: Rueil-Malmaison EXecutives.
- Jacques Robert: Lons le Saunier physician.
- Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher: Lawyer.
- Jack Larson: American actor producer and playwright (d. 2015).
- Gene Lees: Canadian journalist and songwriter (d. 2010).
- Osian Ellis: Welsh harp player and composer.
- 1st transatlantic TV image received, Hartsdale, New York
- Scottish inventor J Blaird demonstrates color-TV.
- First transatlantic TV image received, in Hartsdale, New York, USA.