Tuesday 6 July 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Kane and Brandon Jacobs.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Don't You Want Me by The Human League.
In UK Fame by Irene Cara was in the top 5 hits.
TRON, directed by Steven Lisberger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NBC News Overnight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lost Luggage or Spectre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1982!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1982 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Christopher Kane: Fashion Designer.
- Brandon Jacobs: American football player.
- Tay Zonday: Pop Singer.
- Misty Upham: American actress (d. 2014).
- Bob Johnson: American baseball player (Born 1905).
- A lunar eclipse (umbral duration 236 min and total duration 106 min, the longest of the 20th century) occurs.
- Pan Am Flight 759 (Boeing 727) crashes in Kenner, Louisiana, killing all 146 on board and 8 on the ground.
- Intruder Michael Fagan visits Elizabeth II in her bedroom for a chat.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 July 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?