Sunday July 11, 1982
US date format: 7/11/1982, UK date format: 11/7/1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1982). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Guillaume Néry and Julie Ferrez.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Don't You Want Me by The Human League.
In UK Fame by Irene Cara was in the top 5 hits.
A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Late Innings by Roger Angell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blood and Honor: Youth Under Hitler.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Haunted House or Blue Print.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1982?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- 7 Brides for 7 Brothers closes at Alvin Theater NYC after 5 performances
- 3rd US Seniors Golf Open: Miller Barber
- Hollis Stacy wins West Virginia LPGA Golf Classic
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 11, 1982?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Gap Band - Early In The Morning
- Dazz Band - Let It Whip
- Rick James - Dance Wit' Me - Part 1
- One Way - Cutie Pie
- Stevie Wonder - Do I Do
- The Temptations Featuring Rick James - Standing On The Top-Part 1
- Jeffrey Osborne - I Really Don't Need No Light
- Dreamgirls Featuring Jennifer Holliday - And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going
- Ashford & Simpson - Street Corner
- Junior - Too Late
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 11If July 11, 1982 is your birthday you're 38 years, 1 month, 1 day old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 10 months, 29 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?