Friday 6 July 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Ice Age: Continental Drift, directed by Steve Martino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Stolen Prey by John Sandford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jaffa Factory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baka and Test or Civilization V: Gods & Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 July 2012 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 July
- Syrian uprising (2011-present): French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius states that a Syrian commander in the National Guard, Manaf Tlass who fled to Turkey some days ago, is on his way to Paris. (BBC)
- A United Nations peacekeeper from India is killed in the eastern Congo. (AP via ''San Jose Mercury News'')
- A US drone missile strike kills four suspected militants near Miran Shah, Pakistan. (AP)
- About 10 aid workers, some working for the United Nations, are arrested by authorities in western Myanmar where sectarian clashes killed dozens of people last month. (CNN)
- Gunmen fire at a helicopter carrying voting material for tomorrow's election, killing one person in Libya. (BBC)
- Associated Press reports that Yahoo! and Facebook have resolved a patent dispute. (AP via ''The Digital Times'')
- The United States Department of Labor monthly jobs report shows that the US economy added 80,000 jobs in June. (MSNBC)
- More than 80 flood alerts are issued in the United Kingdom as the north of England and East Anglia prepares for torrential rain. (Sky News)
- Former ''de facto'' President of Argentina Jorge Videla and General Reynaldo Bignone are found guilty of overseeing the systematic theft of at least 400 babies from political prisoners during military rule's Dirty War. (BBC)
- British police arrest six men from the West Midlands and one from South Yorkshire on suspicion of terrorist offences. (AP via Google)
- Gunmen kill 18 people and injure another two in an attack on a roadside restaurant in the Pakistani town of Turbat in Balochistan province. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Britain's Serious Fraud Office launches a criminal investigation into the Libor scandal. (BBC)
- For the second time in history and with the same person, the Parliament of Romania votes to suspend President Traian Băsescu from office. On 29 July 2012 he will face a national referendum for his dismissal. (BBC)
- After a partial vote recount, Enrique Peña Nieto is confirmed as the winner of the 2012 Mexican presidential election (BBC)
- Rep. Thaddeus McCotter, R-Mich., announces his resignation from the United States House of Representatives. (''Washington Post'')
- The California State Senate votes to approve funding for a bullet train between Los Angeles and San Francisco. (BBC)
- Major League Soccer star David Beckham, the former English soccer team captain, is banned for one match after committing an act of violence on the pitch. (BBC)
- Andy Murray makes it to the final of the 2012 Wimbledon Championships – Men's Singles, becoming the first Briton to do so in 74 years. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?