Thursday 6 June 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brooke Wilkins and Patrick Hape.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Band On The Run by Paul McCartney.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Thriller: A Cruel Picture, directed by Alex Fridolinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Van Oekel's Discohoek.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rebound or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1974 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Brooke Wilkins: Australian softball pitcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Patrick Hape: Tight end (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Guillaume Musso: French wrter, a prolific novelist whose books have sold over 11 million copies to date in early 2011.
- Kracker : American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Danny Strong: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Sonya Walger: English-American actress
- 47th National Spelling Bee: Julie Ann Junkin wins spelling hydrophyte
- A new Instrument of Government is promulgated making Sweden a parliamentary monarchy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 June 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?