Thursday June 06, 1974
US date format: 6/6/1974, UK date format: 6/6/1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 6, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Guillaume Musso and Sonya Walger.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Band On The Run by Paul McCartney.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Chinatown, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while I Heard The Owl Call My Name by Margaret Craven was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 06, 1974?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- See more
- 47th National Spelling Bee: Julie Ann Junkin wins spelling hydrophyte
- A new Instrument of Government is promulgated making Sweden a parliamentary monarchy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 06, 1974?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Four Tops - One Chain Don't Make No Prison
- Blue Magic - Sideshow
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- The Impressions - Finally Got Myself Together (I'm A Changed Man)
- The Chi-lites - There Will Never Be Any Peace (Until God Is Seated At The Conference Table)
- Eddie Kendricks - Son Of Sagittarius
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 06If June 06, 1974 is your birthday you're 46 years, 3 months, 25 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 5 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 06, 1974?
On June 06, 1974 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is June 06, 1974?
On June 06, 1974 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 06, 1974?
On June 06, 1974 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 06, 1974?
On June 06, 1974 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on June 06, 1974?
On June 06, 1974 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on June 06, 1974?
On June 06, 1974 several famous people were born including, Guillaume Musso, Sonya Walger, Raoul Bhaneja.
Which famous people died on June 06, 1974?
Famous people died on June 06, 1974 include, Blanche Yurka, Frank Sutton.
What was the number one song in June 06, 1974?
The number one song in the week of June 06, 1974 was Band On The Run by Paul McCartney in US and The Streak by Ray Stevens in UK.
What were the top hits on June 06, 1974?
The top hits on June 06, 1974 were Band On The Run by Paul McCartney, The Streak by Ray Stevens, You Make Me Feel Brand New by The Stylistics in US and The Streak by Ray Stevens, Hey Rock And Roll by Showaddywaddy, Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes in UK.