Tuesday 4 June 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Miller and Johnny Taylor.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Band On The Run by Paul McCartney.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Thriller: A Cruel Picture, directed by Alex Fridolinski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Plain Speaking by Merle Miller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Van Oekel's Discohoek.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1974 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- James Miller: Australian pole vaulter (1996 Olympics).
- Johnny Taylor: NBA forward (Orlando Magic).
- Lyndsay Kahler: Orange, California -- Miss America - California (1997).
- Julien Coupat: French political activist.
- Jacob Aruni: Indian chef (d. 2012).
- Darin Erstad: American baseball player and coach
- Andrew Gwynne: English lawyer and politician
- Janette Husárová: Slovak tennis player
- Stefan Lessard: American bass player (Dave Matthews Band and Yukon Kornelius)
- Buddy Wakefield: American poet and author
- 10 cent Beer Night at Cleveland, unruly fans stumble onto field and cause Indians to forfeit the game to Rangers with score tied 5-5 in 9th
- Never-to-be-repeated 10 cent Beer Night at Cleveland Stadium occurs
- NFL grants franchise to Seattle Seahawks.
- During Ten Cent Beer Night, inebriated Cleveland Indians fans start a riot, causing the game to be forfeited to the Texas Rangers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?