Sunday 16 June 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Lee and Alexandre Astier.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Van Oekel's Discohoek.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1974 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Paul Lee: British sculptor.
- Alexandre Astier: French writer, director, editor, actor and composer.
- Luella Bartley: Fashion Designer.
- 74th US Golf Open: Hale Irwin shoots a 287 at Winged Foot Golf Club - New York
- Homer Simpson and Marge Bouvier wed
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 June 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?