Sunday 9 June 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jana Nejedly and Jon Harris.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Band On The Run by Paul McCartney.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Uptown Saturday Night, directed by Sidney Poitier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Snare Of The Hunter by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Van Oekel's Discohoek.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1974 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Jana Nejedly: Prague, Czechoslovakia -- Canadian tennis player (1996 Olympics).
- Jon Harris: Defensive end (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Randy Winn: American baseball player.
- Samoth : Norwegian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Emperor Zyklon and Scum).
- Joanne Carner wins LPGA Desert Inn Golf Classic
- Portugal and the Soviet Union establish diplomatic relations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?