Sunday 6 March 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
Detention, directed by Joseph Kahn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Alone by Lisa Gardner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chandragupta Maurya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batman: Arkham City Lockdown or Disney Princess: Enchanting Storybooks.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 2011!
Which were the important events of 6 March 2011 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 March
- The Fine Gael and Labour political parties agree to form a coalition. (BBC)
- Japanese Foreign Minister Seiji Maehara resigns. (''Japan Times'')
- Following rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip on southern Israel, Israeli air force planes bomb Hamas and Islamic Jihad targets in the Gaza Strip. (Al Jazeera)
- Fighting erupts in western Ivory Coast between rebels and forces loyal to incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo, with injured people crossing into Liberia. (Reuters)
- At least 12 civilians are killed and at least 5 others are injured in eastern Afghanistan's Paktika Province. (RIA Novosti)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- An uprising against the Muammar Gaddafi regime continues in Libya. (''The Guardian'')
- Fierce fighting continues in the First Battle of Zawiya. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Muammar Gaddafi calls on the United Nations or African Union to investigate the uprising. (Al Jazeera)
- The Algerian army is deployed to the border with Libya to monitor air traffic and weapons smuggling. (Xinhua)
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Thousands of people demonstrate outside the Al-Qudaibiya Palace, where the government meets in Manama, calling for the prime minister to resign and voicing their discontent with the king. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- Demonstrations against the Saleh regime in Yemen continue. (Al Jazeera)
- Other protests:
- Chinese state media warn against protests inspired by events in the Middle East and North Africa. (''Times of India'')
- More than 1,000 people protest in Hong Kong over the government's budget proposals. (AFP via Google News)
- India successfully conducts an interceptor missile test over the Bay of Bengal. (''The Straits Times'')
- ''The Washington Post'' reports that the military forces imprisoned alleged whistleblower Bradley Manning to strip each night and sleep naked, having confiscated his boxers earlier this week following Manning's protest that restrictions imposed on him were ampquotabsurdampquot. A spokesperson for the facility denies ampquotany sort of humiliation or embarrassmentampquot is intended. (''The Washington Post'')
- United States Navy commandos from the destroyer USS ''Bulkeley'' capture four Somali pirates who boarded the Japanese oil tanker, the MV Guanabara. (AP via the ''Columbus Republic'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 March 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2011 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?