Friday 7 April 1978
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Duncan James and Siobhan Drake-Brockman in Bunbury.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Night Fever by Bee Gees.
In UK Matchstalk Men And Matchstalk Cats And Dogs by Brian & Michael was in the top 5 hits.
F.I.S.T, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Adrien Arpel'S Three-Week Crash Makeover, Shapeover Beauty Program by Adrien Arpel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching America 2-Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astro Battle or Space War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1978!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 April 1978 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Duncan James: Pop Singer.
- Siobhan Drake-Brockman in Bunbury: Australia; tennis star (1994 Port Pirie).
- Jo Appleby: English soprano (Amici Forever).
- Lilia Osterloh: American tennis player.
- Ernest Kanitz: Composer, dies at 83.
- President Carter defers production of neutron bomb
- US President Jimmy Carter defers production of the neutron bomb.
- Guttenberg bible sells for US$2 million in New York City.
- Development of the neutron bomb is canceled by President Jimmy Carter.
- U.S. President Jimmy Carter decides to postpone production of the neutron bomb ampndash a weapon which kills people with radiation but leaves buildings relatively intact.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?