Saturday 15 April 1978
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anna Torv and Chris Stapleton.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Night Fever by Bee Gees.
In UK Matchstalk Men And Matchstalk Cats And Dogs by Brian & Michael was in the top 5 hits.
F.I.S.T, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching America 2-Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Ship or Sky Diver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1978!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1978 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Anna Torv: Australian actress.
- Chris Stapleton: Songwriter.
- Luis Fonsi: World Music Singer.
- Austin Aries: Wrestler.
- Karlie Redd: Reality Star.
- 43 die as two express trains collide head-on south of Bologna, Italy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 April 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Night Fever
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
- Eric Clapton - Lay Down Sally
- Barry Manilow - Can't Smile Without You
- Yvonne Elliman - If I Can't Have You
- Kansas - Dust In The Wind
- Roberta Flack - The Closer I Get To You
- Raydio - Jack And Jill
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - We'll Never Have To Say Goodbye Again
- Natalie Cole - Our Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?