Sunday 9 April 1978
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vesna Pisarovic and Naman Keïta.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Night Fever by Bee Gees.
In UK Matchstalk Men And Matchstalk Cats And Dogs by Brian & Michael was in the top 5 hits.
F.I.S.T, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while A Stranger Is Watching by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching America 2-Night.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sargon or Starfleet Orion.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1978!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1978 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Vesna Pisarovic: Croatian singer.
- Naman Keïta: French track and field athlete, who takes part in the 400 m hurdles and 4x400m relay, competing internationally for his country.
- Walter Poirier: American member of the Peace Corps on station in Bolivia.
- Veronica Taylor: American actress.
- Rachel Stevens: English singer (S Club).
- Kousei Amano: Japanese actor
- Jorge Andrade: Portuguese footballer
- Vesna Pisarović: Croatian singer-songwriter
- Clough Williams-Ellis: English-Welsh architect designed the Portmeirion Village (d. 1978).
- Brewers sweep Orioles 11-3, 16-3, and 13-5 (each with a grand slam)
- David Thompson scores ties 3rd highest total in the NBA - 73
- 42nd Golf Masters Championship: Gary Player wins, shooting a 277.
- Somali military officers stage an unsuccessful coup against the government of Siad Barre security forces thwart the attempt within hours, and several conspirators are arrested.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?