Wednesday 7 October 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Norris in New York City and Mark Dodich.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Time And Time Again by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Man Behind the Badge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1953 ?
- Christopher Norris in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Summer of '42, Eat My Dust).
- Mark Dodich: American pro astrologer, a journal columnist and metaphysician.
- Tico Torres: Rock drummer (Bon Jovi-Always).
- Linda Griffiths: Canadian actress and playwright (d. 2014).
- Margus Lepa: Estonian journalist and actor.
- Bill Veeck tells Browns stockholders he faces bankruptcy unless they drop their suit to block his move to Baltimore, they comply
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Stan Freberg - St. George and the Dragonet
- Ricochet (Rick-O-Shay) - Teresa Brewer
- The Velvet Glove - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra (Henri Rene - accordion)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?