Monday 5 October 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James E Lascelles and John Stachniewski.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Man Behind the Badge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1953 ?
- James E Lascelles: Grandson of English Princess Mary.
- John Stachniewski: Scholar / teacher.
- Russell Mael [Dwight Russel Day]: California, United States -- Rock vocalist (Sparks).
- Sandra "Puma" Jones: Kingston, Jamaica -- Rocker (Black Uhuru).
- Philip Hampton: English-Scottish accountant and businessman.
- Friedrich Wolf: German critic who founded the science of philology.
- The first documented recovery meeting of Narcotics Anonymous is held.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Stan Freberg - St. George and the Dragonet
- Ricochet (Rick-O-Shay) - Teresa Brewer
- The Velvet Glove - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra (Henri Rene - accordion)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?